Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Week 2...The Sexy Farmer's Tan...

The days are monotonous, long and hot, but everybody has the same goal...to get better.  Everyday consists of the same routine in the morning practices with games in the afternoons.  There is so much talent down here its ridiculous.  The Blue Jays organization is absolutely loaded with talent throughout the minor leagues.  We are definitely a team that will not only make an impact within the next 3 years, but for years after that as well.  I firmly believe with the talent down here in extended, we could hold our own in a low-A league...no doubt about it.  There are over 100 kids down here, compared to other organizations having around 70!  Although the games are long, its fun to watch everybody play.

The past couple days while shagging Batting Practice, I've tried to make friends with the Dominicans/Venezuelans.  In order to make friends, there has to be some line of communication and my spanish is terrible, but so is their english.  They have english class at night back at the hotel, but we don't have spanish class.  I wish I could speak spanish fluently; it would make things much easier...not necessarily to talk to them, but to know more of what they are saying.  

Last Monday I threw a live Batting Practice before throwing in a real game on Thursday and in an inter squad this past Monday.  The outing was vs. the Yankees and went very well.  I was very pleased with everything, but the one in the inter squad...not so much.  I was very inconsistent and all over the place with everything.  Nothing felt right, but I guess everybody has those kind of days.  The good thing is I knew what I was doing and know what I have to work on.  I'll bounce back next time...it's a process.  I throw again this Thursday (tomorrow) vs. the Yankees again.

Everybody will be glad to know, I've been working on my farmer's tan everyday!  My forearms, back of the neck, and ears are BURNT...but I can't say that so much about the rest of my body.  It looks like I took a light brown marker and colored on myself.  Last Saturday, I went to the beach hoping to even it out a little bit, but I forgot it wouldn't turn tan right away...instead bright red!  So now I have tan forearms, ears, and neck...but burnt red shoulders, back, and upper arms.  The beach was a lot of fun though.  It was good to hang out with the guys and get out of the hotel, away from the little radius I've been stuck to.  I went into the Dick's Sporting Goods right next to the hotel the other day to waste some time after dinner and a girl working there asked if I was going to buy a pair of shoes this time rather than just look at them...needless to say I'll be staying away from going in there for awhile.  Talk about awkward and a huge buzz kill...

I'll try and post again this Sunday...until then...you guys stay classy...

Respect!


No comments:

Post a Comment