Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Getting Back in the Swing of Things...

Alright, the first week is in the books!  It went pretty well and went I had figured it would.  Physicals were early Wednesday morning followed by a workout.  Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were all full team workouts as well with an inter-squad game played Saturday for the guys that have been here since the beginning of full Spring Training.  Games against other teams start this week!

The physicals went well with the exception of one minor part....giving blood!  I don't have an issue with needles or giving blood, but when the woman who is doing it gives me the feeling she's trying to poke the needle through the other side of my arm, we could have some problems!  I think I could have done it better myself than she did.  I could feel the needle go through my vein, much further in than it had to be!  It felt like the needle was pushing into the bone!  After what felt like an eternity, she finally pulled the needle out and put a bandage on it, but right away I could see something was not right.  The vein had swelled to about the size of a gumball!  That's when I knew I was going to have a good bruise the following day.  The bruise is STILL there and today it looks worse than yesterday!  The entire area around my elbow on my left arm is black/purple/yellow.  Luckily I was not the only one with a complaint...hopefully that woman is not asked back to draw blood again!  Everybody was complaining about how bad it hurt.

After the physical, we had a light workout and some of us threw a bullpen.  We first went and stretched, then did the throwing program, went over bunt defenses and then threw our bullpens.  I was one of the one's to throw a bullpen and was glad to.  I was ready to go!  The bullpen went well...but it felt weird throwing to a catcher rather than a net!  The first bullpen was just fastball/changeup.  I threw another bullpen on Friday and mixed in all three pitches.  Although it was not as good as the first one, one of the positives of the bullpen was my slider.  Tomorrow (Monday), I get to throw against hitters and I am PUMPED!  I'm ready to start carving some hitters up!  Then Thursday, I will throw in a game!

We play games against the Phillies, Yankees, and Pirates.  I would love to see Andy Petitte throw for the Yankees, but I would also love to see us beat him!  The games will be played everyday...I think.  I'm not exactly sure; I just show up when they tell me to and get my work in!

Off the field, nothing much has been going on.  I've been hanging out with Les (the roommate) and a couple other guys.  Around the hotel, we have a huge mall, movie theater, a few restaurants, and other stores.  I'm kind of restricted to where I can go due to not having a car, but I will make do.  The beach is only about a 15 minute drive away and I'm sure we can find somebody to give us a ride there.  I think going to the beach is going to be our new Sunday activity because Sundays are our off days.  Today was our first off day, but there was no beach.  Instead, Les and I went and got a good long toss in (350+ feet).  And yes, I couldn't get away from the game for a day...that't why I love it!  We also had the idea of playing golf on Sunday mornings. We were thinking of playing a 2 man scramble and the losers have to buy dinner for the winners (I better win, or else...).  Being as competitive as I am, I won't except losing!

This 6 a.m. wakeup call will come quick so its time to get ready for bed!  Until next Sunday night....

PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment