Ian Kadish

My name is Ian Kadish and I recently graduated from Marshall University with a degree in Business Management and minors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have three younger brothers, Kendall, Max, and Cooper. I have played baseball my entire life and am lucky enough to have the opportunity to continue playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.



I want to thank my Mom and Dad for everything they have ever done to further my baseball career. They have gone through a tremendous amount of work to make sure I am happy and I couldn't thank them enough! I love you guys.

Please feel free to leave comments! Enjoy...

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Another Week Down...

This past week was a very productive week.  I feel my mechanics and everything are coming together and it's all beginning to click.  I obviously still have more to work on, but I am pleased with the progress I made this past week.  It's a continual process I'll keep working on... 

The weeks schedule was the same as every other weeks schedule...I have always heard the days will start running together and I'll lose track of what day it is, but it hasn't happened yet.  If you know me, you know I like to have a routine and I like to stick to my routine as best as possible(even though I'm not diagnosed OCD/ADD, I definitely am).  

I've been trying to learn spanish and it's gotten a little better, but not much.  Yesterday I watched a Dominican make Pica durro (I'm not sure on the spelling).  It's the type of tobacco they chew in the Dominican and supposedly it makes the dip here look like child's play.  It was actually fun to watch and I enjoy hanging out with some of the Dominicans.  Some of them ask me to teach them english so I've been trying to help, but I still find myself trying to speak broken english to communicate with them.  One of them asked a buddy of mine and me to update his facebook status to say he loves and misses his family, but he is trying to make everything better for them and he thanks them for their support of what he is doing.  It surprised me when he had us do that and it made me think how hard it must be for them.  They speak little to no english, they are in an entirely different country, they have very little communication with their family and friends back home, and most of their families are living meal to meal.  I can't imagine what it would be like and how hard it would be...

Today was our off day so everybody hung out last night by the pool at our hotel and today a couple of us went to the beach to hang out and relax.  It was a lot of fun and the people watching was at an all time high at the beach!  I even got rid of some of my farmer's tan...my back is burnt; now I just have to work on the front side! 

Tomorrow I'm back on the bump against the Pirates!  I can't complain that my "going to the office" is going to the ball park...hard life I live...

I'm out like a fat kid in dodgeball...Peace Homies!


No comments:

Post a Comment